Pedersen's Triad Training Model: Five Vignettes of Culturally Different Counselors Interviewing a Single Client
Paul Pedersen, Professor Emeritus, Department of Counseling and Human Services, Syracuse University; and Jeff Brooks-Harris, Texas Woman's University
Product ID: 052
Culture meets the counselor! Pedersen's triad model is a powerful way to help students understand and integrate multicultural issues into the interview. Five vignettes show how culturally different counselors react to the same issue.
Each counselor interviews the same female Asian American client with the pro and anti counselors observing and commenting.
- An African American female is confronted with stereotypes of Black culture and works with the clients viewpoint.
- A male Asian American counselor is challenged with the dominant role of males.
- A Caucasian female counselor demonstrates both positive and negative effects of being from an outside cultural background.
- A Hispanic male counselor shows the importance of family in Asian and Hispanic cultures.
- A Caucasian male counselor (Paul Pedersen) demonstrates recovery skills for getting out of trouble after having said or done something wrong.
(45 min) Includes transcript & leader guide
To order this title as an online stream, please visit the Academic Video Store